With a slight odor of flax and orange, the wood oils, with the exception of the preservative oil, are composed of vegetable oils (flax and soy), a practically odorless mild thinner (mineral oil and essential oil of oranges), essential oil of flowers and conifers (to cleanse the wood and nourish it on an energy level) and lead-free driers (to accelerate the drying time). Depending on the product, beeswax, carnauba wax and microcrystalline wax can be added in different proportions. For the sake of transparency, the complete list of ingredients used in each product appears on the label of each of our products.
All of our products give off very few volatile organic compounds (VOCs) on application and drying, unlike oils that use turpentine or petroleum aromatic distillates as a solvent. However, we recommend that you ventilate your workplace well and always wear nitrile gloves when handling the product.
* We would like to remind you that oils for wood and thinner contain solvents (essential oils). It is therefore necessary to follow the precautionary indications for your safety.
* Note that EcoSelection wood oils perform well on concrete, slate, hemp and lime finishes.
EcoSelection Wood Oils and EcoSelection Wax are among the products that best retain the warm, natural look of the wood, while enhancing its beauty. EcoSelection products bring out the grain of the wood and allow direct contact with the material, rather than being in contact with the plastic layer left on the surface of the wood by the varnishes. Over time, oil-treated wood acquires a darker color, which creates a patina specific to EcoSelection products.
It is a general purpose thinner used to thin and clean oil based products, soft resins and waxes.
- Ecological product
- Light in color with a slight orange scent
- Advantageously replaces general-purpose paint thinners found in hardware stores
- Available in 125ml, 250ml, 500ml, 1L, 3.78L and 10L formats.
Ingredients: mineral oil, essential oil of orange and essential oils of conifers.
When you have oiled surfaces, it is important to maintain them properly, in order to preserve them for a long time. Always use lukewarm water, cold rather than hot, and occasionally add oiled wood soap.
This oil-based soap will nourish your surfaces. Commercial soaps are first and foremost detergents. Detergents are used to dislodge fatty substances. The same goes for heat (hot water) which dissolves fat. Oil being a fatty substance, even when dry , it will eventually withdraw to the surface and reduce the protection period of your oil.
This natural and ecological soap is composed of olive oil, sunflower oil, saponified coconut oil, castor oil and melaleuca essential oil (tee tree oil).
This precise blend of three different types of coniferous woods, it has the advantage of preserving the pallor of the wood waxes provides maximum protection and has a wonderful patina.
The wax can be applied directly tobare wood or over a dried oil. Unlike oils, wax is a surface coating, it does not penetrate. It provides waterproof protection to the surface. On and considerably slows down the oxidation of this one which causes yellowing. It is possible to mix a small quantity (1 portion maximum of 100 ml of colored oil for 100 grams of wax) to obtain a colored wax which will give a light tint to your wood.
These particular qualities made the craftsmen of the "Peace Boxes" chose EcoSelection wood oil to treat old wooden army ammunition boxes transformed into small ecological and peaceful pieces of furniture (wine cellars). You can see www.boitesdelapaix.com for more information visit their web site
Here are the benefits of using EcoSelection wood products:
- Easy application
- Unaffected by dust and drafts during the drying period
- Easy and invisible retouching
- Low emission of "VOC" and little odor
- Ecological products of natural origin
- Available in a variety of colors, all compatible with each other. So it is possible to make gray by mixing black and white ...
- These products nourish the wood and let it "breathe"
- Helps preserve the delicate balance of negative ions in the air by not creating static electricity like plastic surface finishes.